搜索
熱搜: 活動 交友 discuz
查看: 3078|回復: 1

[素材分享] 讓愛傳出去 --- 義診 I

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2010-9-15 12:07:43 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
TIMA十年(大馬難民)
The plight of the Burmese refugees

Malaysia is currently home to many displaced Burmese. Without legal status, they can not find employment, and have to pay double for medical services, making their already impoverished lives even harder. To help the refugees, Tzu Chi Malaysia has joined forces with the UNHCR in a collaborative project to provide medical care and open education centers for Burmese children.

馬來西亞有許多緬甸難民,不過沒有身分,他們不但不能工作,連醫療費用都是當地人的兩倍,對原本就已經困頓的生活更是雪上加霜。為了幫助他們,馬來西亞慈濟人與聯合國難民署合作,提供醫療、物資以及教育中心,讓緬甸孩子能夠就學。

< Forcibly displaced from their homeland >
Throughout history, wars have torn apart countless families, and chased masses of people out of their own lands. Like seeds blowing in the wind, war refugees are forced to take a perilous journey without a final destination.

With a painful and bulging abdomen, this refugee has been sick for three months before finally receiving treatment. He fled from Myanmar to Malaysia, but for him, every step taken on this foreign land has been a painstaking one.

According to the United Nation's Refugee Agency- the UNHCR- among the documented refugees in Malaysia, more than half are Burmese.

UNHCR, Volker Turk:
"A lot sometimes when you talk to Malaysians they would say they are economic migrants, they're illegal migrants, they're undocumented. They are not. They are fundamentally different from these because they cannot go back to their home country."

< Seeking safety and peace >
Seeking asylum in Malaysia, the Burmese people cannot find a footing in the country. In the hustle and bustle of capital city of Kuala Lumpur, no matter how hard they try, getting a job is simply out of the question. Living in dire poverty and deprivation, no one has the money to even see a doctor. Furthermore, in order to avoid repatriation, dodging the police is also a necessary survival tactic.

On October 10th 2004, in partnership with the UNHCR, Kuala Lumpur Tzu Chi volunteers held a free clinic in the refugee community in Selayang.

Behind the children's genuine smiles are the tears of a harsh life that have temporarily dried up. No technical equipment can gauge their pain.

With gentle care and love, Tzu Chi volunteers enfold the youngsters as parents would.

TIMA doctor, Lim Lei Jun:
"Although we speak different languages, I believe with love they can feel our care and support. "

< Collaboration between Tzu Chi & UNHCR >
On March 1st 2005 the Tzu Chi Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Chapter and UNHCR signed a memorandum to provide displaced Burmese nationals with medical care, household supplies and education on a permanent basis.

Up to August this year, Tzu Chi has carried out 90 free clinics in Jalan Imbi, Selayang, a refugee community in Klang, and detainee camps in Lenggeng and Semenyih. More than 14,000 cases have benefited from Tzu Chi's medical services, which includes outpatient services, dentistry, psychological counseling, HIV/AIDS testing and family planning.

Burmese refugee, Za Lin:
"The doctors here are very nice and give us good medicine. From my heart I feel that I will get better this time."

< Efforts to provide easy access to education >
However, Tzu Chi's love does not end there. With health issues being taken care of, the next step is to implement education programs for Burmese children.

UNHCR, Brittocia Franklin:
"They have been deprived of education because of their status. They do not hold the legal document, and so the government does not allow them access to education. "

Scavenging for metal scraps on the streets, these twin brothers are the sole breadwinners of their family of seven. UNHCR Tzu Chi Education Centers founded in January this year are planning a future for impoverished children like these.

Founder of Tzu Chi, Dharma Master Cheng Yen:
"He has to pick trash and keep up with school because he wants to become an engineer. What an aspiring youngster! We must support children like him. He is just one of the many poor children out there. They are so very diligent!"

Burmese child, Rasida:
"I'm very happy because I'm going to school."

Burmese child, Nusaba:
"I want to study hard and become a teacher when I grow up. "

< Taking pleasure in their first ever class >
Gingerly writing out the newly learned English alphabet, these students are enjoying every second of their first ever class.

Malaysia Tzu Chi volunteer, Sia Thiam Eng:
"Our aim is to give youngsters that are deprived of education a basic knowledge of literacy and mathematics. Most importantly, we want to help them become self-sufficient."

< With hope comes courage and strength >
Perhaps someday, these stateless people will be repatriated or deported to another country, but the encounter with Tzu Chi in Malaysia has given them much warmth and faith. The road ahead may be uncertain, but it is not without hope.

古今中外歷史中,戰爭拆散了無數的家庭,把眾多的人趕出他們自己的家園;就像風中飄散的種子,戰爭難民被迫踏上危險、沒有終點的旅程。

挺著腫脹的肚子,這位難民生了三個月的病,才有就醫的機會。他來自緬甸,逃難到馬來西亞,異鄉的每一步都步履蹣跚。

根據聯合國難民署統計,馬來西亞登記的難民中、超過半數都是緬甸人。

UNHCR, Volker Turk:
「許多時候,馬來西亞的人會認為他們是經濟移民、非法移民,沒有身分;他們並不是,他們與那些人截然不同,因為他們不能回到自己國家。」

在馬來西亞尋求庇護,這些緬甸人卻沒有立足之處。在熱鬧喧嘩的首都吉隆坡,即使勤奮努力、卻無法被聘用,生活環境惡劣也沒錢就醫;再者,為了避免被遣送回國,為了生存,只好躲避警察。

2004年10月10日,吉隆坡慈濟人和聯合國難民署,攜手在士拉央難民社區舉辦義診。

孩子天真的笑容背後,是苦難生活所帶來暫時乾掉的淚水,他們的痛,是用科學儀器都無法衡量出來的。

用愛輕輕撫慰,慈濟人像父母一樣、擁抱著這些孩子。

TIMA doctor, Lim Lei Jun:
「雖然我們語言不通,可是我覺得如果有那份愛,他們還是可以感受我們對他們的關心。」

2005年3月1日,慈濟馬來西亞吉隆坡分會和聯合國難民署簽訂備忘錄,為緬甸難民提供無限期的醫療、物資與教育。

直到2008年8月,慈濟共舉辦了90場義診,在燕美路、士拉央和巴生難民集中區,另外還有冷京和士毛月扣留營,照顧超過1萬4千人次的難民,包括門診、牙科、心理輔導、愛滋檢驗宣導和家庭計畫。

Burmese refugee, Za Lin:
「這裡的醫生都很好,都給好的藥,我心裡覺得這次一定會好。」

然而,慈濟的愛不是就此打住,醫療方面已經處理了;下一步,就是提供緬甸孩童教育。

UNHCR, Brittocia Franklin:
「他們喪失了就學的機會,這是因為他們的身份;他們沒有合法的文件,所以政府不讓他們入學。」

在街上撿拾廢鐵,這對雙胞胎兄弟負擔一家七口的經濟。今年一月成立的聯合國難民署暨慈濟教育中心,為這些孩子計畫未來。

Founder of Tzu Chi, Dharma Master Cheng Yen:
「他拾荒、還要認真功課,因為他想要當工程師,多麼有志氣啊!像這樣的孩子,我們要支持他,而這只是很多貧窮孩子中的其中的一個,他們多上進啊!」

Burmese child, Rasida:
「很開心,因為我要上學!」

Burmese child, Nusaba:
「我要讀好書,等長大後,我要當老師。」

拿起筆,小心的寫著剛學會的英文字母,這些學生,享受著人生第一堂課的每分每秒。

Malaysia Tzu Chi volunteer, Sia Thiam Eng:
「我們的目標,是要讓這些失學的兒童們學會最基本的,讓他們能夠讀、寫、算,最重要的是,我們要讓他們有自給自足的能力。」

或許有一天,難民將被遣返回國、或是送往其他國家,但是,在馬來西亞與慈濟的相遇,給了他們溫暖與信心。前面的路可能佈滿了無常,但是,卻也有著希望。

http://www.newdaai.tv/?view=detail&id=47233
http://www.tzuchi.org.cn/
發表於 2010-10-21 15:53:46 | 顯示全部樓層
啲缅甸难民几惨。。
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|粵語協會

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 14:47 , Processed in 0.063400 second(s), 21 queries .